Cargo Exam, 8 June 2020
Non member: €90.00
Students can choose to take an examination at the end of the eleven modules. A fee of EUR 90 will be charged to sit the exam. Students who choose to sit the exam and who pass it will be awarded a certificate from IUMI which includes their score. The pass mark for the exam is 65%. Students achieving 90% or higher are awarded a certificate with distinction. Given the rigour of the qualification, candidates are advised to thoroughly work through all tutorial modules prior to the exam and to study about 75 hours to be sufficiently prepared.
The exam can be taken from anywhere in the world and take place once per quarter, usually on the first Monday or Tuesday in March, June, September and December. On these days two sittings it will be offered to accommodate the various time zones. The first session will be run from 8-11am UK time. The second session will be run from 4-7pm UK time. The examination will be invigilated remotely by an exam supervisor. For this reason there are certain IT requirements:
• Laptop / computer with 4GB of ram (no tablets or surface pro)
• A Windows v7.0+ or Mac10.8+ operating systems
• Intel Core i3 (or equivalent) and 4GB RAM
• A working webcam that can be used to scan the room, microphone and speakers
• Internet connectivity with continuous internet speed of a minimum of 516kbps
A detailed description of the examination process as well as IT requirements can be downloaded HERE. Sample questions are available .